Solutions for solids-laden streams up to free-flowing products
The thin film dryer is a special type of thin film evaporator. There are two types of thin film dryers, the vertical and the horizontal dryer.
If these systems reach their limits when it comes to heat-sensitive products, the successful thin-film evaporator principle ensures gentle processes. Based on their wealth of experience and knowledge from separation technology, our experts realize high-performance vertical and horizontal thin-film dryers, which convince both economically and process technically. For individual results, tailored and not available on the market, our technical center provides the ideal R & D environment to cover in-depth tests etc.
The thin film dryer is mainly used in the chemical, pharmaceutical and food industries.
Dried products like:
- Chemical products (preliminary and intermediate products)
- Sludges (process sludges, industrial sludges and municipal sludges)
- moist solids
- Saline solutions
- Products of the fatty acid industry, etc.
- Minimal value product loss
- Product protection and purity
- Gentle evaporation by short residence times and permanent product revolution
- No deposits on the heating surfaces through mechanical cleaning
- Reduced maintenance through sophisticated
- Construction in bearing and mechanical seal area
The product is distributed continuously over the entire circumference of the heating wall. With the aid of special wiper elements, the wall contact is constantly renewed and the product flow is simultaneously transported on. The rotor blades do not touch the heating jacket, but prevent encrustation or blockage of the heating surface by massively constructed, arranged with a defined gap wiper elements. This wiper design allows liquid feed products to dry up to the powder form. The different units can be used both individually and in combination and the operator can thus benefit from the advantages of different evaporator types.