Solutions for solidsloaded streams up to free-flowing products
The thin film dryer is a special type of thin film evaporator. There are two types of thin film dryers, the vertical and the horizontal dryer.
If these systems reach their limits when it comes to heat-sensitive products, the successful thin-film evaporator principle ensures gentle processes. Based on their wealth of experience and knowledge from separation technology, our experts realize high-performance vertical and horizontal thin-film dryers, which convince both economically and process technically. For individual results, tailored and not available on the market, our technical center provides the ideal R & D environment to cover in-depth tests etc.
The Thin Film Dryer is mainly used in the chemical, pharmaceutical and in the foodstuffs industry. Products such as:
- Chemical products (preproducts and intermediates)
- Sludges (process sludge, industrial sludge and muncipial sludge)
- Moisture solids
- Saline solutions
- Products of fatty acid industry
- Minimal product loss
- Product protection and purity
- Gentle evaporation due to short residence and permanent product circulation
- No deposits on the heating surfaces due to mechanical cleaning
- Reduced maintenance through clever design in the bearing and mechanical seal area
The product is distributed continuously over the entire circumference of the heating wall. Using special wiper elements the wall contact is renewed constantly and the product stream simultaneously transported. The blades do not touch the heating jacket, but prevented crusting or clogging of the heating surface by massively built, arranged with defined gap wiper elements.
These wiper design allows liquid feedstock through to powdered dry up. The various units can be used both individually and in combination, and the operator can thus benefit from the advantages of different types of evaporators.